Sunday, February 2, 2014

Catching up . . .

It's been a busy couple of weeks around here.

The kid and I took a zipper pouch class last weekend . . .
We decided instead of Christmas presents this year,
we would do something together.
We had a ball in Andrea's class at the City Quilter.


It looked easy, but we need to brush up on some of our skills!
My two pouches . . .


The kid's two pouches. . . 


Yesterday was our NYC Metro Mod Meeting . . .
Jessica A. did a tutorial on EPP and we all set to sewing
for our baby quilt donations.
Karen H, always the ham. Hehehe.


Here is what the minions accomplished in a few hours,
all by hand I might add!


I must say, I was very pleased that everyone enjoyed the sewing.


Jessica and Tina catching up and working those fingers.


Nellie will have a full recap of show and tell on our blog
in a week or two so check back there.

A few of us stopped by the local pub after the meeting.
Maria, Chrissie, Karen and me.
Head trouble maker!


A couple of the boys left earlier.
Hoping next time we can corral a bigger group.
Hehe.  It was fun.

And today I pulled some fabric for a new project.


I know, I know . . . 
What the heck is she thinking?
She has ten other things on her sewing table already.
Variety is the spice of life my friends!
Hope you had a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. That's great Lisa! Nothing like pulling fabric for a little color play and a NEW project...hehehe. Great job with the meeting and working out the kinks of the day:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends family and stitching sounds like the perfect mix for happiness.
    The hexie day seemed to be going well.
    Stay happy .

    ReplyDelete