Saturday, October 5, 2013

NYC Metro Mod Meeting . . .

Today was our first NYC Metro Mod Guild meeting of the new season.
And my first meeting as the Prezzy of the Guild.
I must admit I was a bit nervous going in . . . 
 . . . . but, we had a great meeting with lots of giggles and shenanigans.

To start off we issued a Fall Challenge.
Everyone got into groups of about four and had to design a "fall" block.
We provided the fabric, cutting boards, etc,
and members brought their hand sewing supplies.


At first there was some milling about . . . 


Lots of discussion.


And then the fingers and needles started to fly!


There were lots of giggles!


And concentration.


And as I said, shenanigans!


I was a bit worried because we had no sewing machines,
but everyone rose to the occasion.


At one point this group was all sewing their block at the same time.
I wish I had gotten a picture of that!


 Here are most of the blocks completed.
(Sorry for the poor lighting, these blocks really sing)
Some went home to be finished.
We decided that people could bring more fall blocks to the next meeting
to make this little beauty grow bigger.


We will raffle the finished product some time next year.
All told, it was a great first meeting!
Thank you to everyone who came and joined in.
And especially to my great board members who made it so easy for me!

2 comments:

  1. It was a great kick-off for the new season! So much fun, so much creativity, so many old friends and new. It's going to be a great year, thanks to you and your team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't tell you how much I wish I could have been there with you, from all the talk when people dropped in CQ later everyone had a great time. Maybe one month I can ask for the Saturday off?!!!

    ReplyDelete