Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A day of tremendous fun!

Today I got to play hooky from work and spend the day in the city
with the fabulous Victoria Findley Wolfe!
She was teaching one of her amazing classes and I just couldn't pass it up.


An added bonus was the peeps in the room!
Emily was my table partner and made me laugh all day.
As well as trying to steal my pieces to incorporate into her own.
You have to watch her every minute!  :)


Our cheeky teacher!
She really knows how to rock a class room I tell you!


 Great tips on thinking outside the box.
She showed us a few techniques we were all eager to learn.
Very supportive!


Here is one of the pieces I worked on.


A much easier foundation piecing than I have used in the past.


I need to figure out what my center will be on this one.


I also brought along my blocks from Victoria's color challenge on her 
15 mins play site from a year ago.
I am stuck. I need some help from the pro.
These are my "yoga" stars.


Victoria encouraged me to move them around 
and mix it up.
Earamichia suggested making them the center of a bigger block.


Another idea was to make them a border and fill the center.
All great ideas!
Thanks for the help ladies!


The beginning of the day had me diving into the scrap table!


Really!  So much fun!  If you get a chance to take one of Victoria's
classes, you should!  Get on that already!
Thanks V!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh, I saw that beautiful circular block of yours on Victoria's update today on her blog and wondered who it belonged to. What a gorgeous piece of art you made today!!! Sounds like so much fun. I would have loved to have been in NYC (my favourite place) quilting (my favourite activity) with you all. I can see why you played hooky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, was attracted by the color and design of that circular block on V's blog and am not surprised that you created it! Hm-mmm, wonder if it would fit inside your yoga babies star frame?

    ReplyDelete