Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sewing Sunday . . .

So does absence make the heart grow fonder?
I certainly think so and hope so.
My beloved sewing machine was away for five days. Hehe.
Yes I missed her.  Luckily she didn't need as much surgery as
I thought she would . . . 
Here is the pile of triangles I am working on for a wedding quilt 
for my cousin.


My lovely Bernina back on her pedestal . . . um table.


I was trying out layouts for this new quilt . . 
I was going to go with a traditional 1,000 pyramids layout . . .


But decided to go all scrappy on it instead.
I am loving the look.
Sorry about the photo, inside at night is never a good one.


I dragged out my hexies while I was without her (the sewing machine!). . .
I didn't get very far.
I think I might have to take this on vacation with me this summer.
It always gets pushed to the back burner.
Do you have projects like that?



on another note . . . 
My Mom was in town for a quick visit this week.
The kid & I got to spend some time with her.


Mom & I used to be the same height.
I was teasing her that she is shrinking.
That is going to bite me in the bum one day I'm sure!
Hope you had a good weekend,
and remember to kiss the ones you love! 

3 comments:

  1. Love both of your projects - so happy and sunny! You have the best stash/collection! I'm thinking...I have a long car trip coming up, maybe some hexies are in my future too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom may be losing an inch, but her proud smile more than makes up for it!
    I call my back burner projects Lifetimers and am in no great hurry to end them!
    Hexies are just so great to carry around, and am delighted to see them everywhere I go now...Sending hugs and xxxxx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely triangle quilt--the yellows really make it dance!
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete