Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day . . .

We finally had two days in a row of sunshine this weekend.
A fitting tribute to all the fathers out there.

I spent a good portion of the day cutting fabric for two new quilts.
I am starting with strips and then cutting those into triangles.

The second pile is for a class I'm taking in July,
so you'll have to wait on learning more about that one.

It is quite hard on the feet and back 
to stand for four or five hours cutting.
Does this mean I am old?? Haha, I am.


Before I tortured myself at the cutting board, 
I took a nice long walk.
I came around a corner and found this lovely doe
about ten feet away from me.
She was so serene, not skittish at all.
Even let me slowly take a picture.
Very cool.


I also went to the car show at the park near me.
This Thunderbird was my fave.


They have the car show each year on Father's Day,
and this was my first time walking through.

Here is a picture of my Dad with the kid when she was three.


And me and my Dad when I was six.
My first ballet recital.


I remember that day like it was yesterday,
I can still feel his arms around me.
I wish he was still here with us.
He was an amazing man and a very fun Dad.
Happy Father's Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment