Monday, January 21, 2013

Sweat Shop Monday

Another successful sweat shop day spent together!
We all had today off, so we decided to spend it together working on our projects.



There is always plenty of silliness!
And no one wants to be photographed!


Gidget wanted to make a larger version of this bag she made a while ago.


It is pretty funny to see our three sewing tables,
cutting table and ironing board set up in my small living room,
but it is very cozy!


Gidget's bag will be huge, 
but she is very pleased with the way it is progressing!



The kid started a new quilt using bali strips.
It is moving along quickly and she is pleased too.
Of course after 5 or 6 hours of sewing,
sometimes a few curse words escape 
and the seam ripper comes out.  Another reason to giggle!


They told me if they had to get their pictures taken, so did I.
Okay . . . hummmm, maybe I won't make them take pictures next time.


Here is the kid's quilt top so far.  
This is going to be a beauty!


And I made pretty good progress on my scrappy trip around the world.
17 blocks so far.


I'm going to keep making blocks and then play around with the placement.
I love this!
What did you do today?

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun sewing day. I can't wait to make a scrappy trip. Yours is looking GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came in on my day off - UGH! But only for a few hours. I also got a good chunk of knitting done. I'm hoping to finish this sweater by the end of the month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On 21/1/13 I went to Jan-Maree or Aussie Hero Quilts fame and ironed backings for quilts. Good to work with friends. So glad AHQ was on your side bar. Your TAW is so rich looking i love how everyones is different and glorious.

    ReplyDelete