Sunday, November 6, 2011

Bee Block Top and My New Hood

I finally finished my NYC Metro Mod Bee Block Top!
I gave everyone a red triangle and bright fabric. 
I went with black and white sashing and black cornerstones,
as you can see.  Very bright and busy, just the way I love it.

Now to figure out how to quilt it!
I am going to use the same red as the triangles for the binding.
It was really fun to get all of these different blocks and I am so
grateful to my bee partners for doing such wonderful work! 


Now a few pictures  . . . 
This is my new building.  I live on the top floor and it's nice and quiet
up there.  My friends call it The Penthouse.  

I can walk to this cute little park in about three minutes . . . 

The train station in two minutes . . . 

This sweet plaza with the best coffee shop in town in one minute . . .

And this town staple is right across the street!
Isn't that a cute name?!
I am really enjoying my new neighborhood and all the freedoms 
it has to offer!  
Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness me! I nearly fell off my seat when I saw your photos. I live in Oz but I used to live in the town you are in now - i used to take my kids to that park and we would buy lunches at the Sugar bowl. This was about ten years ago - I can't beleive it still looks the same! And that park will be gorgeous in winter with the snow - oh lucky you. I could be wrong but I can't beleive there are two Sugar Bowls and two parks like that! Think of me if you stop in to Trader Joes - we don't have them here! Sigh! Enjoy your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the zebra stripe sashing....and the new neighborhood -- country dweller that I am, I can't imagine city living!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks great and the red binding is going to be perfect. The new home/neighborhood looks like a nice choice and I'm glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete