Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nine Patch Doodling

I have been doodling again . . .
Too much time on the phone . . . .
I started focusing on nine patch blocks. I am drawn to the nine patch.
Must be that order thing again.

I wanted to see how many different variations on the nine patch
I could come up with just doodling away.

I thought I would dive into a bag of silk scraps for this experiment.
I didn't have any fusible web . . .

Needless to say, my cutting & ironing board are covered with the fraying threads of silk.


I tried a couple of different nine patches.

Then I decided to crank it up a notch.

What if I made a "traditional" nine patch, and then trimmed it up on an angle.




This I LOVE! I need to try these in fabrics that don't fray when you
breathe on them!



These are the four blocks I have so far.
on another note . . . . .
The kid passed her Art Therapy exam!!!
She is now a licensed Art Therapist.
She has quite the little alphabet after her name now.
I am quite the proud mama.



6 comments:

  1. ooooh! this is going to be LOVELY!! weeeeeee!!!! CONGRATS to the kid too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the exam! she must be so happy.
    i like your 9 patch doodles. the silk blocks look very sophisticated.. what will you do with them? more silk or combine them with other fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these blocks - and soooo pretty in the silks! and I KNOW you are proud of your kiddo, congrats to her! also, had to tell you - I told my hubby about QADD, and he LOVED that - I guess he understood, after living with me for so long, calls himself a qubby! :) Happy weekend of sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to the kiddo. Congrats to the Momma! Those are some sumptuous silk blocks. Go by some fusible stuff and keep those silks coming

    ReplyDelete